Thursday, November 8, 2007
Music
Today I'm going to discuss some bands I like.



The first up is Seattle's own Optimus Rhyme. I caught them a long while back at El Corazon with MC Chris and their cd School The Indie Rockers has not left my mp3 player since. I guess they're considered nerdcore, but their version of geek themed rap is a lot less nerdy and much more mature than others I've heard (ahem, MC Chris). If you follow the link above make sure you turn on the music player in the upper right corner of their home page. The first song is Just Forget It. It is good.



Now, If you've talked to me about music before you'll probably have heard of Kyuss. I picked up their second cd, Blues For The Red Sun, shortly after it was released. I'd never heard of them, but their name was so similar to the Sons Of Kyuss (from the D&D book Fiend Folio) that I thought I'd give them a chance. It was the best impulse buy ever. Blues For The Red Sun and Kyuss' next cd Welcome To Sky Valley rank among my all time favorite cds. Good stoner rock. Always melodic and usually heavy Kyuss stands head and shoulders above anything the various members have done since (ahem, Queens of the Stone Age). I'm waiting patiently for a reunion tour. You should watch some Kyuss videos on YouTube. Here's Demon Cleaner and here's Green Machine.

I was going to write about Clutch, but time restraints are making that impossible. I'll just say that I like everything from Impetus to The Elephant Riders. They kinda lost me when they released Pure Rock Fury. I lost interest and haven't sought out any of their newer cds.

p.s. My eye is much better this morning. It's still sore and I have a killer headache (I think from squinting all night), but I'm not blind or anything.


1 Comments:

Blogger Queen Geek said...

So glad you aren't blind. It would make surviving the Zompocalype much more difficult being blind. But then I suppose you could train a zombie killing seeing-eye dog. Oh, and that guy in World War Z was blind and he did pretty well. I'm still glad you aren't blind though.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer