Friday, November 2, 2007
I Never Finish Anything
I'd like to start this post by discussing my "To Read" pile. It is large. Larger than it has been for a long time. And it is growing. With purchases, loans and library books the list expands daily. So why don't I read some of them and get the pile back to manageable levels?

Well, it's not so easy. My new work schedule prohibits spending long periods of time on any project including reading. And the fact is I can't acquire a new book without beginning to read it, at least to "test the water", as it were. So in addition to having large amounts of books which need to be read I have large amounts of partially read books littering my house. Fifty pages read in this one, one hundred read in that one. So when I do find a moment to read it's not as easy as picking up whatever book I'm currently reading and having a go at it. I have to decide which book I'm reading I'd like to continue with at that moment.

The same goes for video games. I'm currently playing no less than than four games so of course none of them are in any way approaching completion. Not even Fallout 2, in which I am so near the end I can taste it.

What's going on here? I certainly have the desire to see things through to the end, but it's no so easy in practice. Like I said my work schedule is a little crazy. Some days I open the store, other days I close it. I feel tired a lot just because I can't get on a steady sleep schedule. I've stopped (once again) casting spells in an attempt to clear my mind. So far it hasn't worked. I've come to the conclusion that I simply need to buckle down and and use whatever time I have to it's fullest.

My goals? Read those books, write those stories, email my writing exercises to Erin, send James the pirate ships I promised him, finish those games and get off my ass!

This is my promise to you: I WILL DO STUFF!!! (as soon as I get around to it).


2 Comments:

Blogger Queen Geek said...

Goals are good! Woo and cheer!

Blogger James said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer