Thursday, August 30, 2007
NUTS!!!
So, today I had the pleasure to be walking along the sidewalk with my eleven year old daughter (hereafter referred to as The Ghoul) and my four year old nephew (Boy). We were coming home from the store where I had purchased a rather large plastic sword for the Boy. Unable to resist, I took the sword from him and swung it wildly about. One swipe nearly hit The Ghoul in the face which precipitated an argument between us. It was a loud, raucous argument and it raged for quite a while. It is here that we pick up the story...

Boy: Stop fighting you guys!

Me: No!

Boy: Uncle Dave, stop acting crazy!

Me: Look who's giving me advice on not being crazy.

Boy: What?

Me: You're the craziest guy I know.

Boy: Are not!

Me: Are too!

Boy: Maybe I should just slap myself in the NUTS then!

Me: See, That's what I'm talking about.

Boy: What?

Me: A normal, sane person wouldn't threaten to do that.

Boy: Oh. OK.

It doesn't look so funny in print. At the time I couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll be posting pics of our costumes from the outdoor showing of Shaun of the Dead tonight at Rainier Square Roof Park.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

On the contrary- I thought it was hilarious. I'm still giggling, By the way, you made a rather odd appearance in one of my dreams the other night- I'll have to tell you about it. Give us a call!

Blogger Queen Geek said...

I agree with Nichole. That was pretty darn funny!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer