Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Plane vs. Bus
After Delta denied my credit card but charged my account anyway, I put planning my New Mexico trip on the back burner. The money was put back in my account today so I hopped on the net and started checking out airfares.

I'm really tempted to ignore air travel all together and go Greyhound. On the plus side: two round trip bus tickets cost less than one airline ticket. On the downside: travel time is 36 hours (minimum) each way.

Being unemployed I think I can spare the time. I'm just wondering if bus travel is as unpleasant as I remember it. With my luck, it's probably worse than I remember it. I'm also not sure how well my daughter would cope with such a long ride. I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning.

What else is new? 28 Weeks Later spawned a 36 hour cold war between my wife and I, but I'll spare you the details. It's still too painful to discuss. Well, not really. It's actually kinda funny. I just don't want to have to explain it.

The day after I made my last post I got a call from my local Nielsen representative. The first thing he asked was if I told anyone that we're a Nielsen family. I panicked for a moment on the absurd notion that they read my blog (yeah, right), but it turns out it's a standard question they ask everyone. Anyway, I got bored rather quickly with the questions he was asking and changed the subject. We then spent about half an hour discussing who the best Doctor Who was (Tom Baker, without a doubt, but we both also like Christopher Eccleston). And unofficially (as he would get in trouble with his superiors) we also discussed the best sites for viewing pirated tv shows.

Also, I recently decided that stewed tomatoes are one of the most disgusting things a person can find in a can. I didn't always feel this way, but I happen to live with someone who feels the perfect addition to any (and by God I mean any) recipe is a can of stewed tomaotoes. meh.


3 Comments:

Blogger Nichole D. said...

I once too a bus ride from Minneapolis to somewhere in Wisconsin (I forget where or why, for that matter) and it was only 6 hours, and I thought is was dreadful. To each their own, I guess. I think it's hilarious how you're (supposed to be) a Top Secret TV Rater.

Blogger Nichole D. said...

took. I took a bus ride.

Blogger Queen Geek said...

My last greyhound experience was a trip from Santa Fe to Las Vegas. It took 22 hours and it was miserable.

The plus side is that you get to meet all sorts freaky people who you'd probably never meet otherwise.

Another downside is that the toilets never seem to work properly and stink to high heaven.

But I've heard that they've made lots of improvements. No, really.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer