Wednesday, May 16, 2007
I Am An Award Winning Poet!
First, I don't think I ever thanked Nichole for all the great work she did making this blog look nice. Thank you, Nichole.

Second, thanks to everyone for your help picking out which haiku to enter into the Half-Price Books Haiku Contest. Your input allowed me to choose the correct poems and take first place! The one about Donkey Kong won.


I climb a ladder
No! A barrel has hit me
Damn you, Donkey Kong!


Not the best, but good enough, I guess.

The prize for first place was a $25 gift certificate for Half-Price Books. I spent it on a copy of Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko and a DVD of the Japanese zombie film Junk.


1 Comments:

Blogger Queen Geek said...

Yay you! Congrats! Good, you did!



(And never mind the suggestion that you post the winning haiku on you blog that's in the email waiting to be read in your inbox. eh-hem.)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer