Monday, June 4, 2007
Just as I was getting used to being unemployed, I made the mistake of balancing my checkbook and making out a budget for our household. It turns out that without my income we're going to come up just a little bit short each month. Now, there's a few bills, such as school tuition, which will disappear in the summer making things a bit easier, but it's hard to ignore that fact that I should be working. Looks like after my trip to New Mexico I might be shopping around for a job. Value Village said they'd hire me back, no questions asked, and while it doesn't pay very well it is a nice place to work and I like (almost) everyone there. I wonder if they'll let me work nights and weekends?

Our gaming group met for the second time last night. It went well, even if we got bogged down for over an hour due to a simple encounter that escalated into a fight-for-their-life situation (punctuated, as always, by some bad rolls that dragged the fight on far too long). It was kinda cool to see the players put two and two together and realize that as bad as the zombie infestation currently is, it's about to get a lot worse. I think they've given up hope of 'solving' the problem and are preparing to head for the hills and hide out for a while. As if that will help...

I finally got around to watching Night Watch and Day Watch this weekend. They were fun to watch and beautifully filmed, but I was a bit disappointed. A lot of the time it seemed as if the special effects were there just to be pretty and actually interfered with the story (which was rather vague and confusing). If you're interested, read the books first, then see the films.


1 Comments:

Blogger Queen Geek said...

Ooh, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who rolls badly. It sounds like fun!

How about getting a job in one of the book shops? Mmm? Though it's hard not to spend one's wages on books when one works in a book shop.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer