Thursday, November 15, 2007
Phone Issues and Dramatic Weight Loss
At the library again...

After I bought the Ghoul her cell phone I decided the family no longer needed a land line. It was cancelled and all was good until we received a call from the Nielsens. They need us to have a land line for their equipment to call out on. I was unwilling to hook it back up so they offered to pay for it.

It took a few weeks and a few visits from the phone company and the Nielsen people, but yesterday the phone was hooked back up and everyone was happy. Or rather, should have been happy. You see, because our phone line is in someone else's name it has a different account number and line into the house. Our house is old and only has one phone line, so that means our dsl got pushed out of the way to make room for the phone. No internet for me.

I talked to Qwest yesterday and they told me it would cost about $100 dollars to have them come out and wire our house for two lines. I meant to call the Nielsen people today and ask them to pay for it (I'm sure they will) but I decided I needed to go to the library and keep up with this whole NaBloPoMo thing instead. Maybe tomorrow.

And in some news of the weird I've been rapidly losing weight. I think it has a lot to do with my erratic sleep schedule and how I skip at least one meal a day. And maybe because my appetite is suppressed by all the coffee I drink. Since I'm always tired I'm always drinking coffee... or Dew... or an energy drink.

Anyway in the last three months I've lost about thirty pounds. None of my clothes fit any more. My belt has a bunch of new holes added to it and pants that were far too tight during the summer now hang loosely on me.

Losing this much weight this fast is making me nervous. I'm thinking about scheduling a physical just to make sure there's nothing wrong with me.


2 Comments:

Blogger Queen Geek said...

Yikes! Stop skipping those meals!

I hope the phone line stuff works out soon.

Blogger Nichole D. said...

Hope you get the phone crap figured out soon. For god sakes man, eat some Twinkies or something! I can't imagine you thirty pounds thinner- you probably look straight out of, well, you know where.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer